Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tourist!

Connichua.

I've done the tourist tour a second time now, with friends from Pinguin. But this time, I made some pictures!

On the left here, if you look carefully, you see a heart stone. The story goes that in one of the previous centuries, a 'witch' was burned. But in truth, she wasn't. So when she was burnt, her heart flew out of her body and ended up there at the exact spot of the heart stone! How cool..




On the right, you see the customs house. It's one of the most well-known pictures of Kings Lynn. As far as I know it's just a nice building, nothing really exciting there:(





On this picture, you see a dark alley. I just found it beautifull to look at. Kings Lynn is full of these places, built a few centuries ago and they left it standing. Spooky isn't it.




On the right is another example of an English pub. It's always beautiful to look at and I wonder why we don't have more of these in Holland. This bar is the oldest one in Kings Lynn. And the story goes that it is haunted by a female ghost, so we went ghost hunting, but too bad.. We didn't find her. The place is haunted because the girl was murdered I believe. Scary stuff.



And last but not least! proof that I am in Kings Lynn! I deliberately made this picture smaller than the others, since I hate looking at myself.

That's Kings Lynn for now! Cya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's a monkey on that last picture :P hehe maar wel relax op zich al wat daar te zien is. Maar goed we moeten eens kijken he wanneer ik nog eens af kan komen want het is echt kanker gezeik overal en vooral bij dat veerbootje :P