Sunday, October 26, 2008

Procurement

WELCOME TO PROCUREMENT! AAAAH!!! Yeah, that's what I thought ^^
Procurement is the part of the organization that buys goods from growers and companies alike. So, that's what I did this week, and we did alot! Procurement is based in Boston (50 miles away from Kings Lynn) So every morning I had to go with Lewis whose pictured on the right here. He's 29, self-assured, and says he won't stop going out till the younger girls stop paying attention to him.. O dear..

Anyway! On Tuesday we went to LFP (Lincolnshire Farm Produce) to have a meeting, and see what they were doing. They were based in Spalding, another half hour drive from Boston. So, alot of travelling ^^ On wednesday we went to parkfresh, yet again another supplier, had a meeting, and watched how the cauliflower was floretted.


On Thursday I went to London! This wasn't for the Procurement team, but for Technical. They invited me to come along, and I took the opportunity of course! Anyway, it was a Marks & Spencer innovation centre, which was meant to get everybody into innovative thinking. I'm not sure if it worked for us, but it was interesting to see anyway! They had like restaurant tables with a touchscreen layer. So you could change the scenery of your table to your liking, also you could play games on it and even order a taxi.
Another innovativity was laserburning smileys into vegetables (which was a bit weard to be honest) and so on. I didn't have a lot of time to make pictures, BUT, I made one of the train station of the Harry Potter movies. Enjoy Harry Potter lovers!

All-in-all yet again a busy week. Next week is going to be a bit more laid back, since I'm gonna have fun with the ladies from Finance. Party!


PS: This is Stewart, I didn't want to hurt his feelings by not posting him on my blog (in case he checks my blog). Here you go Stewart! Your moment of fame!

3 comments:

P.P. de Meijer said...

Jezus, die eerste, wat is dat voor beest?

Unknown said...

ey die lady's van finance moeten dan nog wel even op een "special" foto-session :P of ga je dat personal doen ;) haha achja en PP had weer gelijk over het beest over de eerste foto :P haha laturz

Unknown said...

omg je hebt toch wel de nieuwe top-gear gezien vanavond want anders krijg je echt klappen hoor :P hij is zooooo pro :P